@BitcoinHaber: Bitcoin Cookies Project

25 Ocak 2014 Cumartesi

Bitcoin Cookies Project


I am a bitcoin fan and a tea lover. I started bitcoin cookie project to combine them in the same glass.


The goal of the project is to create awareness of bitcoin among people who never heard of it before. Cookies shaped as bitcoin logo make a good conversation opener, especially over a glass of tea in the family meetings.

I was inspired by a forum topic in bitcointalk forum mentioning 3D Printed Bitcoin Cookie Cutters sold at 0.05 BTC.  The thread was opened six months ago but without any recent updates of the price which is very high at current bitcoin rates. I decided to find an alternative way to make it cheaper using 3D printing technology.

I started with a 2D design of a "2 horns" bitcoin logo and slightly reshaped it.
 
CookieCaster.com is a great site to design your own 3D cookie cutters within minutes.


I uploaded the 2D design of bitcoin logo and my 3D cutter design was ready to to be downloaded.

3D printers are still expensive for me. I cannot afford to buy one but I know a good 3D printing shop nearby that can print my 3D design for a reasonable price. They also accept bitcoin! 3Dortgen.com is the first shop in Turkey accepting bitcoins for goods and services.


I emailed the design to 3Dortgen and made the payment with my bitcoins. (0.01 BTC + 10 Turkish Lira) My first bitcoin cookie cutter was in my hands just in a couple of days.



Producing bitcoin shaped cookies may not sound very innovative. I came up with the idea to add them an intrinsic value. Each cookie could contain a unique private key of a bitcoin address, preloaded with a small amount of BTC.

What if one of them contains a big prize? Well, then we call it bit-fortune cookie :)

I used bitcoinpaperwallet.com to generate key pairs and print QRCoded paper wallets. Then cut out the private key and folded the paper twice. It was perfect to be fit a cookie.




Meanwhile, my wife prepared the cookies.

Ingredients:
1 cup butter
1 cup yogurt
2 eggs
6 cups sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract
6 cups white flour
1tbsp orange peel (grated)

Combine butter,yogurt,sugar, vanilla, eggs and orange peel to make a smooth batter. Add baking powder and lastly the flour. Stir firmly.

Roll out the dough and cut bitcoin shapes.










Bake them at 325 degrees Fahrenheit (162 degrees Celcius) for 2 blockchain confirmations








Technical specs:
Fat:                                      4%
Cholesterol                          2%
Carbohydrate                      4%
Hash Rate                           2000GH/s

AFİYET OLSUN